Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Finger Lickin' Good!


This post is by Mr. Green. . .

The most amazing thing . . . do you think you know what a chicken tastes like? People talk about tomatoes as having no flavor when raised on industrial farms - sometime carrots too. And I do have to say the carrots coming from our garden are sweet, wet and full of flavors I had almost forgotten.

This last weekend we went to an organic farm. We brought home a chicken that wasn't raised with tens of thousands of others in the dark. It wasn't pumped full of hormones or antibiotics. It wasn't fed only one thing. It hadn't had it's flesh bleached 3 times with chlorine to kill pathogens.

I roasted it last night and was shocked at the flavor. It actually had a rich and satisfying flavor. It reminded me of the security of a home cooked meal like my grandmother would make. We should all eat like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment