Sunday, January 15, 2012

Creating Optimal Health

What would our lives be like if we had optimal health? 


What that looks like for each of us is different. For me it is being in a body that strong enough to climb a mountain, healthy enough to stay well year-around and flexible enough to have no problem getting to the back corner of the cupboard under the kitchen sink. 


The research that I’ve done over the fall and winter on optimal health and wellness leads me to believe that it is possible to live in a body that is vibrant, strong, flexible and disease-free; to inhabit it with great joy, a sense of purpose and caring for self and others. And to have this body exist in an environment that is nurturing, enlivening and supportive. I am ready for that.


How to create health is no longer a mystery. The answers are available and easy to implement. So why not go there? 


Why not create Optimal Health? 


Deepak Chopra says that our bodies are a process not a structure. He says that, at the atomic level, our bodies are changing all the time and, after a year, our body has completely regenerated itself.  Our stomachs recycle every five days, our skin replaces itself once a month, and our skeletons renew themselves once every three months. Yes, our entire skeletons. Fascinating! Here is a link to a YouTube video where Deepak explains the concept that We Are Not Our Bodies. 


There is a woman named Dr. Terry Wahls who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2000. Even though she took the latest in medicines and got the best medical care, by 2003 she was wheel-chair-bound and getting worse. She did a lot of research on the brain and disease to try to figure out how to save herself and then healed herself completely be eating vegetables, fruits and certain other foods. Her story is absolutely fascinating and you can see it yourself in this TedX talk called Minding Your Mitochondria


There are certain people in my industry that I consider holistic health rock stars. Dr. Joel Fuhrman is one of them. He released a book last November called Super Immunity, which I highly recommend. In the book, he explains that eating the right nutrient-dense vegetables and fruit can create a level of health where we never catch a cold or flu, and if we do, it lasts a very short time. And, the best part, we can dramatically lower our risk of ending up with all of the major lifestyle diseases including heart disease, sugar diabetes and cancer. 


For me, the common thread in all this information is the insight into how, through smart nutrition and lifestyle choices, we can optimize both our mental and physical health. Literally, over time, we can create a completely different, healthier version of ourselves. 


I will be 49 in February and I’m going to give myself a gift this year that is actually for my 50th birthday:  the gift of my own version of Optimal Health. I am going to spend the next year creating the 2013 model-year of my body. I’m betting it will be stronger, healthier, happier and younger than the 2012 model. 


The best part is, I will be sharing the entire process with you! 


This is a long article. If you are still reading, you are one of the people who really care about your health. I bet some of your friends might even refer to you as a health nut. Good for you! I want you to join me on this journey. Together, we will create a support structure so that we can not only meet our goals, but also exceed our wildest expectations!


The party starts this week! 


Please join me on Tuesday evening, at 6:30 p.m. PST – 9:30 p.m. EST, for a free 30-minute teleseminar called Optimal Winter Wellness. On this call I will offer the best advice I’ve found for staying healthy all winter long. If you already have a cold, that’s an even better reason to join the call, because the tips I’ll be offering will measurably shorten the duration of any cold or flu. 


Sign up here. 


This is only the beginning. 


Over the next year, I will offer a no-cost teleseminar once each month, always on the 3rd Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. PST - 9:30 p.m. EST, on a different aspect of Optimal Wellness. I will also offer practical tips and ways to integrate the information into your life. 


Soon, I will be sending out the details on how you can join me for the first in a series of programs that have the potential to increase our individual wellness, no matter how healthy we are today, to an optimal level and sustain that level for the rest of our lives. 


Please RSVP for Tuesday evening’s Optimal Winter Wellness teleseminar by filling out the form below. After you RSVP, you will receive an email with the call-in information. 


Sign up here.


If you know other health nuts, or even just regular folk who might convert, you are welcome to share this email with them so they can register, also! 


I look forward to hearing your voice on the call this Tuesday! 


Have a wonderful, healthy day.


XO 












Your Optimal Health Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment